Honouring the Cycle Workshop
Honouring the Cycle – A Yoga & Menstrual Health Workshop for Women
Saturday 24th November, 10:30-3:00pm
at SoHo Yoga Fortitude Valley – 5/702 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley Brisbane
This workshop combines knowledge of female anatomy and physiology with gentle yoga and movement practices, to offer fresh perspectives, new understandings and an appreciation of the healing power of yoga as therapy to support healthy menstruation and relationship with ourselves.
Over the course of the workshop, we will explore a range of topics and tools to support women through the various ages and stages of their cycles, including:
- the four distinct phases of the menstrual cycle and how to work in harmony with the unique qualities of each phase
- the science of the menstrual cycle
- ways to restore your connection to your own monthly cycle
- therapeutic yoga poses and sequences for each phase of the menstrual cycle – specific poses to help alleviate the pain and discomfort of menstrual disorders will also be offered
- nourishing self-care practices for women
- ways to successfully balance a busy lifestyle and your body’s needs
No previous experience of Yoga is required to attend the workshop.
(Price includes everything required for the workshop as well as detailed handouts and delicious nourishing refreshments)